School is approaching, and even though in our world that means new makeup, new clothes, and new nail polish. it also means new homework. I’m going to share my favorite study tips with you and explain why procrastinating the night before finals is a bad choice to make.
Back to School Study Tips
1. Use Notecards. Notecards are my best friend during school or study time. It is the fastest and simplest way to study in my opinion. Just put a question on one side and an answer on the other and you’re all set. I use these especially when I have a vocabulary test because it is just the most simple way to remember definitions.
2. Highlight your notes. Highlight the most important parts in your notes. When your teacher says that a all your vocabulary words will be on a test, take a second to highlight the section so you can know what is going to be on the test when you go home.
3. Find a good study space. Whether it is your favorite booth at a local Starbucks or your corner in your room, finding an uncluttered, serene study space is going to help you out a lot.
4. Turn off the social media. What I like to do is when I am cramming for a test, I turn off my phone completely so nobody can text me and none of my Instagram notifications will ring at me. It might be tempting to text your boyfriend, but be sure to get the A on your test before you guys go out to dinner.
5. Study each subject for the same amount of time. When you start off studying your hardest subject, it can be difficult to go back and forth between all the classes you have. Study each for the same amount of time, then go back to the hardest ones. This will prevent you from focusing all your time on one class and will make sure you spend time on all classes.