I am not the type of person that deals with stress well. I usually procrastinate things until the last possible second that they need to be done, and it usually ends with a ton of stress. I have found a few techniques that help me relieve some of the built up stress that I have to deal with every day, and thought I would share some of my tips for how to get rid of stress.
1. Take time for yourself. It is almost impossible to go a week or even a day without some time for yourself. Something that really calms me down is writing, and a few other things are listening to music, reading, and watching Netflix shows. Taking time to calm down and relax will put an end to a lot of the stress that you have been having.
2. Make sure to get enough sleep. With this being said, do not completely sleep away your days when you get stressed, it will just add to the stress. Make sure that you are getting a balanced sleep pattern every day, and this will put you into a daily routine that will end stress over being tired.
3. Plan everything. My life has been so stress-free since I started planning. There are so many planner options, and so many ways to decorate them. I find that decorating my monthly/weekly spread makes getting everything done every day a lot easier. I have a post up about planning (click here).
4. Do not procrastinate. I would be a hypocrite if I told you to get all of your work done weeks in advance, but I can promise you that waiting until 2 AM the morning before something is due, is not the way to end stress.
5. Eat healthier. I find that when I am eating a lot of fast food, my body feels really gross. Try planning out healthy meals for each week so that you will not have to grab the quickest thing on the way home from practice or work.
I really hope some of these ideas can help you, and if you have any other ideas on how to get rid of stress, be sure to leave them down below in the comments section!